Located in south of Phan Thiet city about 40 km , Ke Ga Island is a favorite destination for both domestic and international tourists to visit the island’s over-100-year-old lighthouse and admire landscapes on the island.
Built in 1897 by French architect Snavat, the lighthouse is 65 meters above sea level, has a 35-meter-granite lamp tower for controlling sea traffic in the area and is the highest lighthouse of its kind in Vietnam. On the peak of the lighthouse, visitors are able to see a vast expanse of sea and sky . In the fall at high tide the waves can get high. In good weather the locals rent fishing boats to tourists in order to reach the island.